Search for content in message boards

Scottish Turners

Replies: 6

Re: TURNER / NAYLOR

Posted: 27 Sep 2013 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NAYLOR
Marilyn, I see you have mentioned Mrs. Naylor's 1805 Obituary. We have been trying to identify her and her husband for some time now. We are from Amwell NJ, and believe Mr. and Mrs. Naylor are our ancestors. A longer version of that obituary says that Mrs. Naylor's husband died in Braddock's expedition in 1775.

We believe he may have served with Capt. Dagworthy and/or Capt. Nathaniel Ware. Dagworthy and Ware are originally from New Jersey. Dagworthy owned property in Amwell NJ. Dagworthy was with Braddock in his fateful defeat near Fort Duquesne. Three Naylors who served with Dagworthy where paid back wages in 1762. They are Benjamin, who died later in the French and INdian War, Joshua, and George. We think there may have been a fourth Naylor (brother?) who died in Braddock's expedition. Perhaps a James or a John?

There are three of us who got our male Naylor relatives to have their DNA tested with Family Tree DNA, and we have learned we are related.

I am from Pennsylvania, my cousins are from New Jersey and Alabama (by way of Georgia.) We think we might have common Naylor ancestors in Maryland, but as of yet cannot make the connection.

Perhaps we are connected to the same Naylor family. What do you think?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
turnerkelley1 7 Feb 2009 5:17PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 8 Feb 2009 6:26PM GMT 
turnerkelley1 9 Feb 2009 12:26PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 9 Feb 2009 7:28PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 9 Feb 2009 11:01PM GMT 
lowerferry 27 Sep 2013 8:42PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 29 Sep 2013 6:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions