Search for content in message boards

Olive Rubottom

Replies: 3

Re: Olive Rubottom

Posted: 6 Nov 2013 11:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Nov 2013 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Rubottom, small
I myself have been trying to find info on Glenna and Olive! My great grandmother Dorothy Loraine Small is the daughter of Glenna Small! There is a lot of info I can provide from an inside family standpoint as there is actually quite a story that goes with this part of the family. There is only one record of Glenna giving birth to my grandmother and it has been sealed tight by the courts. My great grandmother when 70 some odd years old along with my great uncle and grandmother petitioned to have the records opened but the courts refused due to the devastation the records could cause to all families involved. Dorothy was officially adopted by Walter j Small and his second wife Frances immediately after birth in March of 1915. Dorothy has always been told she was adopted and was well aware that Glenna (her sister) was her mother. However, no one would speak of who the father was and all records were sealed by the courts. Reportedly, the courts advised Dorothy that her birth name was originally Christina Marie but they also noted that this may not be accurate. My family put a lot of money into pursuing the courts multiple times trying to get to the bottom of this mystery but to no avail.i have many letters, postcards, etc from Walter and Glenna communicating over the years. I have some other info that is family speculation that I will not record here but please feel free to email if you would like and perhaps you can also assist me with my search. Ninaw_83@att.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hewgl 14 Jun 2011 1:10AM GMT 
alp1776 17 Jun 2011 4:58PM GMT 
hewgl 17 Jun 2011 11:51PM GMT 
cwatrak 6 Nov 2013 6:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic