Search for content in message boards

What Prince George's County Family Are You Researching?

Replies: 6

Re: Here are the Prince George's County Surnames being researched by project

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jan 2014 2:22PM GMT
Hello,

As I can see you also have privacy concerns, so do we when it comes to what we display on our website. Our database covers the time period of 1580 -1980 plus more current information as well. It is a big part of our responsibility to make sure that the information we gathered is keep secured.

I will happy to provide an updated surname list. I will give it it's own post. There are a lot of names to include.

Our group shares information with our members and work together to clear up roadblocks for each other. We discuss our roadblocks and others will help us by suggesting where and ways to possibly look to find that information. As a part of what we do, we also give research tips and assist others with their research. I do understand that a lot of folks are still not on facebook and are not interested in joining it. That was listed in my previous post as a source to refer to if anyone is there to take a look at. We provide several ways to work with us, but we will never publically display that information on the internet.

Just to make a point here, lineage, family history contributions from members and individuals are not the only way in which we gather information. We do our own research and any information that we do receive from individuals we re-verify all of it for accuracy whenever possible. In the end, we share more information with others than we receive.

Eventually we do plan to put information into a book and yes of course those who contributed with be acknowledged.

I hope that I have been able to answer all your questions to the fullest. May I ask what your connections are to the families of Prince George's County? What research have you been working on? Is there any family in particular you are looking to find further information on or would like to contribute any research on them?

Thank you very much for your interest in our group and in the work that we are doing!

Take Care! Wanda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
WandaSimmons3... 16 Dec 2013 8:08PM GMT 
frostfreedet 22 Dec 2013 1:11PM GMT 
WandaSimmons3... 30 Dec 2013 9:05PM GMT 
frostfreedet 31 Dec 2013 8:47PM GMT 
WandaSimmons3... 9 Jan 2014 4:09AM GMT 
WandaSimmons3... 10 Jan 2014 10:16PM GMT 
frostfreedet 12 Jan 2014 12:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic