Search for content in message boards

Moore families - mid 1700's

Replies: 3

Moore families - mid 1700's

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Chaplain
There were possibly several Moore families that began settling in the on/near the upper Potomac in the 1700's. Head of household names are George Moore, John Moore, Daniel Moore and possibly others.

My primary interest is Zebulon Moore, who appeared on Capt. Joseph Chaplain's muster rolls in the late 1750's. This is the only mention that I have found of him. I am looking for information and documented evidence of him in Maryland. I suspect that this is the same Zebulon that appears in Cumberland County (subsequently Bedford and now Huntingdon), Pennsylvania in the late 1760's.

There is circumstantial evidence that individuals named Daniel Moore, William Moore and Levi Moore may be related to this Zebulon Moore, whose estimated birth date is 1740. I would like to learn if and how these men were related.

This region was originally Prince Georges County, then Frederick and finally Washington County. I'll be cross posting this message to the other counties boards as well. Thank you very much.

Dan Moore
Tigard, Oregon
mooredan@suncup.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dan Moore 16 Jan 2014 3:46AM GMT 
frostfreedet 22 Jan 2014 6:36AM GMT 
Dan Moore 24 Jan 2014 3:29AM GMT 
frostfreedet 24 Jan 2014 10:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic