Search for content in message boards

Kelley/Kelly, Mallot, Arendt Research

Replies: 2

Kelley/Kelly, Mallot, Arendt Research

Denise Mortorff (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kelley, Kelly, Mallot, Arendt
Edward Lamar Kelley and Samuel Kelley, brothers, were probably the only children of William Kelley and Margaret Jane Mallot of Washington County, Maryland, who married there in the mid 1800's. Edward married Anna Mary Arendt of Franklin County, PA and moved with her family, of the Gettysburg Arendts, to Illinois in the 1880's. Margaret Jane Mallot Kelley died during the Civil War, when the boys were quite young, and I am trying to link her to a Mallot family of Washington County. There is not trace of when or where she died exactly. William remarried two additional times and the Clearspring, Maryland Kelleys mostly descend from this William Kelley. Besides the ancestry of Margaret Jane Mallot, I am interested in the ancestry of William Kelley who said his father was a Samuel Kelley on his death certificate. I am also very interested in all Arendts who came to Washington County and how they may connect to the Adams County Gettysburg Arendts that myself and others have traced for many years. Records show the Washington County Arendts use similar patronymics as the Gettsburg Arendts, but the connection is not clear, if any. I will be happy to share my research with others.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Denise Mortorff 28 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
PSimpkinsCart... 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
brendastthoma... 30 Mar 2012 12:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic