Search for content in message boards

Cornelius Clark(e), m Margaret Benson, daughter of WIlliam T Benson & Ann Green

Replies: 1

Cornelius Clark(e), m Margaret Benson, daughter of WIlliam T Benson & Ann Green

Posted: 27 Sep 2005 10:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clark, Houck, Musgrove, Corbin
I am looking for further information on Cornelius (Neil) Clark(e) and his wife Margaret Benson b (1753), who I have found listed as daughter of William Thomas Benson and Ann Green.

This family moved from Maryland to Huntingdon Co, PA. I believe they were the parents of Sarah Clark,(1780), married to Michael Houck.

I also see listings that show them as the parents of Hattush Clark(1765), who married Arabella Musgrove(1774) in Maryland in 1789, and who also moved to Huntingdon Co, PA.

I have received the following information on the Huntingdon Co, PA board "On page 54 of "True Stories of Broad Top Mountain and the Surrounding Valleys by David Foster Horton. "Neal Clark was the father of Thomas and Hugh Clark. Thomas Clark was the father of Amos, James and Mrs. Adam Houck."

I am trying to determine if this is the same Neal(Neil) Clark as listed above. The time period fits, and the Clarks and Houcks definitely remarried with the Houcks through several generations, and also moved from Maryland to Huntingdon CO, PA.

There may also be some connection to Corbins from Maryland, who also moved to Huntingdon Co, PA.

Thanks,
Lana Clark
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
myclarkhistor... 27 Sep 2005 4:52PM GMT 
rjhorman 17 Jan 2013 4:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic