Search for content in message boards

James H Shawn Family

Replies: 5

Re: James H Shawn Family

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Karen-

I'm able to research "The Baltimore Sun" through Historical U.S. Newspapers from Proquest. It's a resource that's available through my public library's website. You don't have to be in the library to use it; you access it with the barcode from your library card. Currently, the site has 17 newspapers that are searchable, to include "The Baltimore Sun". A related site is Heritage Quest Online which allows you to search the census, as well as books and other publications. I'm in Maryland, but I know that Heritage Quest and the Proquest Historical Newspaper sites are available via public libraries across the country.

Another great resouce for locating burial information is www.findagrave.com. You can search by name of deceased or specific cemeteries. Unfortunately, there isn't much on Loudon Park Cemetery, and there weren't many Shawn listings in general. Many of them were located in the Maryland Eastern Shore counties, which may explain the reference to Eastern Shore newspapers in James Shawn's obit.

I hope this helps.

Leigh
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KarenJohnson4... 25 Jan 2013 1:03AM GMT 
zijzij 22 Feb 2013 8:49PM GMT 
KarenJohnson4... 23 Feb 2013 3:17AM GMT 
LeighAnn1968 23 Feb 2013 1:06PM GMT 
KarenJohnson4... 23 Feb 2013 5:15PM GMT 
LeighAnn1968 23 Feb 2013 6:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions