Search for content in message boards

Berkshire Cemeteries

Replies: 48

Re: Berkshire Cemeteries

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I have no idea if anyone of my family is buried in Blackinton....I kind of doubt it unless there's a bunch of Aldrich family there!

I have a very old letter from an unknown writer who was living in Blackinton in 1872. I don't think she had lived there for very long.
I don't know if she is related to me because I don't know what her name was....I believe she was writing to Lydia (WEBSTER) Pratt...my great great grandmother.
A woman by the name of Mrs. Webster took her from Blackinton in an 'easy wagon' to her home where she gave birth to a baby girl. She knew there was somthing wrong & had been sick during this pregnancy.
She had a number of small children at home & appears the major reason for going to Stamford to stay with the Websters.

There was something wrong with the baby but I think she survived as she went on to state another family member (brother or father) had died not long after she gave birth. I believe Mrs. Webster was the wife of Silas Webster who was residing in Stamford at that time.

But I'm missing 3 people in my family, & as I explained previously I have very little to go on.
I only know that Sarah/Salley Aldredg/Aldrich Pratt died in 1818 ae 32. She was b. in MA & had traced her family back to England. She m. Ebenezer Pratt in 1803. Both were living in Clarksburg, MA.
She may have died in childbirth but no one knows this for certain. A Bio Album here states that son, John, was the youngest & only male in this family of 5.

I don't know anything about Lydia Aldrich Pratt other than she lived in Clarksburg when she m. in 1818 to my Ebenezer Pratt.
I only know that Prudence Pratt Harris was b. about 1803 & was still alive in 1870 & had had a number of children...many of them lived in &/or around the same area as their parents.

Prudence was John Aldrich Pratt's sister. John was my great great grandfather & left Stamford, VT with his family & his father in 1854. They settled in Lake Co., IL.

He had at least 2 younger siblings, brothers (Lydia's chn) who remained in MA, Amos & Henry. The reason I state at least is because of the age gap bet. Amos b. abt 1824 & Henry 1833. I think there were others...possibly one named Larry or something that looks like Geary I can't make out the name in one of the other old letters from Henry's wife.
Amos m. Hannah BENNETT but had no children. Henry m. Lucy MILLARD & had quite a few & I believe most of them are buried in & around the Stamford, VT/N. Adams area.
I know some are buried in North Adams but what I really want to know is where Sarah, Lydia & Prudence are buried.
A Harris researcher says he's been up that way many times & has yet to find them anywhere.
I honestly don't think I'm ever going to find them & am running out of time to do any more research...I'm not well. I was hoping someone with some Aldrich family might recognize these girls but I guess not.
Thanks anyway, Priscilla
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Katherine Noyes 8 Nov 2005 7:21PM GMT 
Priscilla Ros... 12 Nov 2005 3:07PM GMT 
Katherine Noyes 12 Nov 2005 4:30PM GMT 
Priscilla Ros... 12 Nov 2005 6:24PM GMT 
Katherine Noyes 13 Nov 2005 2:17PM GMT 
Katherine Noyes 15 Nov 2005 4:31PM GMT 
Priscilla Ros... 17 Nov 2005 11:22AM GMT 
Priscilla Ros... 17 Nov 2005 12:00PM GMT 
Katherine noyes 17 Nov 2005 4:49PM GMT 
Priscilla Ros... 18 Nov 2005 1:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions