The Olds book excerpt may be confusing. Here's what I see:
1. Floyd M Olds was born in NY in May 1876
2. Floyd's father was George Olds, born in MA June 1833
3. George's father was Henry Olds, born in MA about 1810. Henry and wife Eliza moved from Massachusetts to Cortland County about 1835.
4. Henry's brother was Amos Olds, born in MA about 1806, lived in or around Gr Barrington all his life
5. Amos Olds' (and brother Henry) father was Amos Olds (senior) and his mother was Elenor Harmon, according to Amos' marriage and death records in Gr Barrington.
6. Amos Olds (Sr) and Elenor Harmon were married in Gr Barrington 10 Feb 1803, according to Mass Vital Records.
Unfortunately, vital records from a number of Berkshire towns are not available on NEHGS. Also, even the recorded data from some towns was spotty. For that reason, I can't see a birth for Henry, George, etc.
Hope this helps. Also, this Olds family is probably related to my Olds family in Alford, Berkshire County, but that's apparently on the other side of my brick wall.