Search for content in message boards

Info for John and Louise Rondo in Adams and North Adams

Replies: 3

Info for John and Louise Rondo in Adams and North Adams

Posted: 13 May 2009 11:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rondo/Rondeau
I am looking for any info on the family of John and Louise Rondo who were in the Adams and North Adams area around 1870 and beyond. I have found the 1870 census for their family in Adams. I haven't found anything for them before or after 1870 other than the sons info. I suspect they are the parents of my gr-gr-grandmother Mary Melvina who was born in Vermont in Feb 1850, she married there in 1866 and moved on to Minnesota.

John and Louise had several children born in Vermont. Laura 1848, Sarah 1851, Paulean/Pauline 1853, Lewis/Louis--May 1854, Jerry--March 1856, and John was born in MA in 1868. I suspect John was a grandchild. I have found a Mary Rondo who died in 1870 in Adams and I thought this might be her child. I have found info for Lewis and Jerry and possibly John from later censuses. I noticed that the name switches from Rondo to Rondeau so records may be under either name.

I would really like to know who the elder John's parents might be. He was born approx. 1816 in Canada. His wife Louise was born approx. 1819 in Canada. All of the ages for the children are approximate. If there is any info on where in Vermont their children were born that would be a great help so I know where to look for Mary Melvina's birth records. This is the only John Rondo that I have found that had children in Vermont at the right time. I would appreciate any info on any member of this family. Birth, death, burial, marriage, etc. Thank You.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kittyphil 14 May 2009 5:59AM GMT 
treefind4fun 20 May 2009 12:59AM GMT 
kittyphil 20 May 2009 2:47AM GMT 
Sabryna Hawes 12 May 2013 2:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic