Search for content in message boards

Move from Mass. to Calif.

Replies: 5

Move from Mass. to Calif.

Posted: 24 May 2012 12:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 May 2012 12:51PM GMT
My ancestor Frank HOSFORD died in North Adams, Mass., in 1901.

Frank's second wife Rose (nee CARLSTON or poss. CARLSON) HOSFORD, Rose and Frank's daughter Daisy Preston HOSFORD, along with Frank's daughters from his first marriage, Grace Lydia HOSFORD and Ray Inez HOSFORD, eventually show up in Calif. (records have Ray in Mass. up until Oct. 1902).

Daisy HOSFORD, age 12, is in the 1910 Calif. census, living in a girls orphanage home (no one else has been found in 1910).

Rose, aka Rosie or Rosalie, first appears in a 1912 Calif. voter registration as Rose FISHER (no husband is listed with her in 1912 or any subsequent years).

By 1916, Daisy is using the surname FISHER. In the 1918 voter registration, Rose is listed as the widow of Frank FISHER.

I have the Calif. obituaries for Rosalie C. FISHER, Daisy H. BURKE, Ray Inez HOSFORD, and Grace L. HALLY, but none mention anything about Frank FISHER (I have not been able to find a Mass. or Calif. marriage record for him and Rose, and since I don't know anything about him, I can't confirm anything about his death).

I would like to find out when the Hosfords relocated to Calif. (the North Adams Transcript newspapers on Ancestry only go up to 1899 or 1901, then skip to 1919, so I can't see if anything is mentioned about Rose's marriage or their relocation to Calif.).

I'd also like to know who Frank FISHER was, when and where he and Rose wed, and when and where he died.

FYI...They were in Oakland, Calif., and some other cities in Alameda County--Hayward, Eden, plus Castro Valley, where Rosalie Fisher died. Grace was in Alameda and Kings counties--Corcoran and Santa Cruz.

Any help will be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaMilano 24 May 2012 6:33PM GMT 
noyesk 24 May 2012 8:57PM GMT 
DonnaMilano 24 May 2012 9:05PM GMT 
DonnaMilano 23 Aug 2013 8:17PM GMT 
mmbutts1 24 May 2012 10:32PM GMT 
DonnaMilano 25 May 2012 1:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions