Search for content in message boards

time to look again - Amede (Edward) Levack Adams, MA - maybe in Maple Street??

Replies: 4

time to look again - Amede (Edward) Levack Adams, MA - maybe in Maple Street??

Posted: 2 May 2013 1:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Choquette, Levack
I have had some success in finding other folks recently, so thought I would come back here for advice again. Being the anniversary of his death, maybe I will have luck ;-)
Maybe someone has a new idea....

I am still on the hunt for the Burial Location of my GGGrandfather Amede (Edward) Levack (Lavack/Levac/LeVack).
MA Vital records list him as dying in Adams on May 1, 1893 of Pneumonia. No burial place listed. I do NOT have the actual Death Certificate - would there even be one from that long ago? If so, who would have it?

Here is what I have tried:
1)I called the Town Clerk in Adams who told me she could not find anything and told me to call North Adams town clerk. The N. Adams clerk told me to email her the information, but has not replied to me.

2) I called St Stanislaus and had a great conversation with a very nice lady who told me that the only way he would have been buried there in 1893 was if he had been Polish (he was Fr Canadian). Also that her earliest records are from 1900 anyway ;-(
She said that the 3 Catholic Churches in Adams have merged, so there is not a different number that I can call for Notre Dame/Seven Dolors.

3) I added a memorial to Find a Grave placing him in Maple Street Cemetery - since that is my next guess - and added a Photo Request - No luck with that so far.
I tried calling Maple Street directly, but the number I have takes me back to the Clerks office (I think). Anyone have a better number to try?

4) I just found this listing - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maberksh/Cemeteries/Cem-Ad... - but I thin this information actually came from me and not the cemetery records.

I know it is very possible that he does not have a marker - his wife in Athol does not. But I would think that there has to be some sort of record...somewhere?

He had 2 children die before him Peter Levack in 1891 and Eva Levack (Liva LeVeque on the registry) in 1885 in Adams as well - thought finding them could lead me to him, but no luck with them wither...

SO any thoughts?

thanks!!
Erin Levack
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Erin Nijmeije... 2 May 2013 7:04PM GMT 
noyesk 2 May 2013 7:51PM GMT 
Erin Nijmeije... 6 Jun 2013 12:17AM GMT 
mmbutts1 3 May 2013 11:59AM GMT 
Erin Nijmeije... 6 Jun 2013 12:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions