Search for content in message boards

Mount St. Joseph school-orphanage in Fall River

Replies: 181

Re: Mount St. Joseph school-orphanage in Fall River

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2012 12:25PM GMT
Surnames: Guzman
Oh my God!! My name is Elizabeth. I was there at the same time,because I always remember Chantal and Pilar. I have that same communion picture of the entire class. I also remember a set of twins, one of them was named Veronica. I also remember a girl named Karen. But most important I remember a freind named Angel. His mother told my mom about the school, and he was much older. I always think and wonder what happened to him and all the rest of the kids I shared this time in my life with. Its crazy, but there isn't a day that hasn't gone by that I haven't stop thinking about that school.Yup, sister Jean ruled me with a hard hand, but sister Julienn in the next group with the older girls was my nightmare. I used to cry myself to sleep almost everynight and couldnt wait to get on the greyhound bus, back to NYC, and back to my mom. But you know when my mom pulled me out of there, it turned out I was safer at Mt. Saint Joseph. Who would have thought. Yes, I still talk about Mount saint joseph. My son goes to catholic school,and is having a wonderful experience. He has no clue. I ran across a teacher names Jeanne st. Ives who was a yooung women who taught there. She took a couple of us home with her for thanksgiving. I used to have to stay at the school for thanksgiving, because my mom couldn't afford to bring me home. I called the school when I heard Notre Dame burned down. That is where I got confirmed. Sister Jean picked up the phone and remembered who I was. She actually apologized for how she treated me! That was such a weird but good conversation. She passed away from breast cancer! Can you imagine!! So many memories, such a lifetime ago!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
H2omom4 7 May 2012 3:29AM GMT 
pachirini 7 May 2012 7:37AM GMT 
lizguz21 5 Jul 2012 3:05AM GMT 
eferland_1 2 May 2012 5:24PM GMT 
AndreRM 2 May 2012 6:26PM GMT 
fieldjocko 5 May 2012 12:58PM GMT 
AndreRM 5 May 2012 4:27PM GMT 
eferland_1 8 May 2012 12:16AM GMT 
AndreRM 8 May 2012 1:25AM GMT 
eferland_1 6 May 2012 11:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions