Search for content in message boards

Help on some Polish Surnames: Wycislak, Grodzka, Krok and Dimborowski

Replies: 2

Re: Polish Surname Krok - looking for information/family

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Franciszek (Frank) Krok is my maternal grandfather. The 1930 Census has him coming to the States sometimes in 1910. He was born 10/15/1890 in either Poland, Austria or Russia. He settled in Detroit MI and married Katarzyna about 1915 at St Stanislaus Catholic Church. My grandmother's last name may have been Gmitczuk; date of birth 11/15/1892. Frank passed away when my mother was a young girl sometime in the early 1940's. My grandmother was very secretive and would not discuss her life in Poland with her children. My mother does remember hearing that Frank had family in MA but doesn't know how they were related. The 1930 Census has my grandmother Katarzyna coming to the States in 1913. Just before she passed away it was learned that she came to the States in place of her sister who was booked on a ship to the States to join her husband. When she refused to get on the ship their father sent my grandmother instead. As far was we know her sister never came to the States to join her husband. While living on Chene Street in Detroit my grandparents had two boarders living with them; both single men who immigrated to the States in 1910. Their names are John Washeleski and Anthony Nogas.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JBachmannEdwa... 19 Jan 2004 3:48AM GMT 
ksjyoung 1 Feb 2007 7:36AM GMT 
StegnerP 20 Apr 2012 3:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic