Search for content in message boards

Reverend John Wheeler (m. 1809) Mary Franklin (MA>NY>OH)

Replies: 2

Re: Reverend John Wheeler (m. 1809) Mary Franklin (MA>NY>OH)

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 10:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2013 9:30AM GMT
Surnames: Franklin, Barney
Greetings Cousin,

I appreciate your replying to an ealier message of mine about our common ancestors. My father worked at the Ohio State Museum, I so became a genealogy researcher veery early.

In the mid 1960s, I found that the only Franklin family in Swansea in the 1790 cencus was that of Samuel (nickname Lemuel) Franklin. With further research, I learned that his wife's ame was Sarah Barney. I think that is were the confusion developed as it was her mother's name was BARNEY. In 2006, I visited the Steuben, Ohio cemetery. Mary's age was given as 53 -- so her birthdate was 1785, not 1787. She would have been born when her mother was in her mid 40s. I questioned this, but have heard medical programs to the effect that earlier women who had one child after another often gave bith until ca. 50.

Please feel free to contact me. Through my grandfather's generation, my Ohio ncestors were born in Steuben, Ohio.

I have quite a bit of information on the Franklins and Barneys of Swansea/Rehoboth. E-mail Kristiwheeler47@hotmail.com

Warmly,

Kristi
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kristiwheeler... 12 Jun 2005 9:19PM GMT 
granvillehack... 4 Jan 2013 10:55PM GMT 
kristiwheeler... 6 Jan 2013 5:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic