Search for content in message boards

Thomas H. Harrison, born 1857 in Oldham UK, who emigrated to New Bedford Massacheusetts, USA

Replies: 10

Thomas H. Harrison, born 1857 in Oldham UK, who emigrated to New Bedford Massacheusetts, USA

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 7:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrison
Hello there,

My name's Tim and I live in the UK.

I'm looking for any information at all on Thomas H. Harrison (born about 1857 in Oldham, Lancashire, England UK) and his descendants.

Thomas was my great-great-grandfather. He married my great-great-grandmother, Isabella probably in the 1870's, as their first child was born in 1881. they had three more kids and then about 1885, Thomas travelled with his brother James Harrison to, I believe, New Bedford, Massacheusetts, USA. They were there for work reasons I believe. When he had settled, he wrote to Isabella to bring herself and their kids to the USA. Apparently she didn't want to emigrate and she and her kids stayed in the UK. Thomas stayed in the USA, re-married and had more kids with his new wife and that was that!

I have attached a couple of pictures of people, that my aunty gave me a copies of. According to her, the first one is of Thomas's brother James and his family at the wedding of his daughter (the writing is supposedly by the hand of Thomas), and the second is a photo of a female relative of the family (presumably either Thomas's new wife or his daughter?) from the USA that was sent to either my great-grandparents or grandparents in the UK.

Who knows, someone might recognise some of the faces.

Any info at all that you might have will be helpful as what I have told you is all I know.

It would be great to discover 'long lost cousins'!

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

Tim Harrison
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Timmofett 30 Dec 2012 2:44PM GMT 
noyesk 30 Dec 2012 5:13PM GMT 
Timmofett 30 Dec 2012 10:15PM GMT 
timothymsylvi... 31 May 2013 12:07AM GMT 
Timmofett 31 May 2013 5:27PM GMT 
ealordcorreia 1 Jun 2013 4:45AM GMT 
Timmofett 1 Jun 2013 8:03AM GMT