Search for content in message boards

MEDEIROS / MIRANDA couple, late 1800's, Azores to MA

Replies: 0

MEDEIROS / MIRANDA couple, late 1800's, Azores to MA

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 8:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Medeiros, Miranda, Moura, Rosa
Hello,

I just checked the archives of this Board, and it looks like I haven't posted about this family since 2005. I can only say a few things this morning. As soon as I find my notes or old postings, I can offer more.

For a MEDEIROS cousin, I'm trying to find relatives for him. His parents were Frank MEDEIROS and Carolina MOURA who married in Cambridge, MA, in 1922. They had 2 sons. Both the father and the older son died before their time.

I had found out before that Frank's parents were Philip MEDEIROS and Mary MIRANDA. And, Frank was their youngest of 8 children and he was born in MA in 1895. It seems that many of these children, after marriage moved to Fall River. The son of Frank and "Carrie" MEDEIROS remembers visiting a few of them when he was a child. But, for many years he has not been able to .find. these families.

So, I'd like to help him connect with his long-lost relatives. Does anyone know of this extended family?

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 11 yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards)

FYI: Mrs. Carrie MEDEIROS was one of 5 children of Francisco and Filomena (ROSA) MOURA, who probably married in the Azores ~1890. Filomena and her 5 children migrated to MA between 1905 and 1912. We don't know what happened to her husband ~1900.

(In case someone is interested, the ROSA Message Board is looking for a new Admin.)

My (now) husband is from PACHECO / MOURA grandparents.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions