Search for content in message boards

Beltz family from Holyoke

Replies: 4

Beltz family from Holyoke

paula (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2004 4:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi! I am hoping someone out there can help me find anything on the Beltz family from Holyoke, I'm just have a difficult time finding anything on them.

This is what I know. Anna Beltz and children Bruno (age 16), Clara (age 9) and Alfrieda (age 14) landed in Ellis Island in June of 1911. According to the ship mainifest, it stated she was from Russia and married. However, no other Beltz's were travelling with her. I am assuming that her husband came here first to find a home for them.

Anna is listed in the 1920 Federal Census as living at 656 Bridge St. in Holyoke. Anna and her two daughter worked for a weaving mill in the area. Her son Bruno was married about 1917-18 to Ella Helie and had there first daughter, Lilly in 1919 and their second daughter in 1924. I believe both girls were born in the area.

Another daughter of Anna's, also lived in the area and married Werrick Zinn probably around the same time Bruno was married.

I would love to find out who Anna's husband was and where he is buried. I suspect he died between 1911 and 1919. I would love also to verify where Lily Beltz and Elsie Beltz were born. I had seen at one time there was a searchable database for birth, death and marriage records online for Mass., however the link for it was broken. Is such a database still in existence?

Thanks for your help....

Paula
Blaine, MN

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paula 19 Jan 2004 11:12PM GMT 
sharonhoferer... 14 Mar 2004 6:33PM GMT 
sharonhoferer... 14 Mar 2004 6:37PM GMT 
Bromley0841 20 Nov 2012 7:41PM GMT 
sharonhoferer... 14 Mar 2004 8:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic