Search for content in message boards

Marriage and Birth/Baptism Records

Replies: 6

Re: Marriage and Birth/Baptism Records

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you, I have also found her in the 1871 Census of Canada living in Princeville, Quebec with her parents. I'm guessing she came to Massachusetts to work shortly after this. She lived in Holyoke probably for no more than 6 or 7 years. Her obituary says that Jean Baptiste died in Florida, probably while she was pregnant with her last son. I believe she went to Maine to live with family, as she did have a brother-in-law named Raymond Coulombe, who I assume was the same man she was living with in 1880.

Her sister, Rose de Lima Mailhot, married Camille Paquette in Holyoke. I think that Camille and Jean Baptiste were probably brothers, given the relationship between their wives. There is a record for an infant child of Camille and Rose de Lima in the cemetery in Maine where Phelonise was living. Camille did have a brother named Jean Baptiste, born in Canada in 1846, but there are no records connecting him to anything after that. All I have is circumstantial evidence to suggest this relationship, which is why I am trying so hard to find a marriage record to confirm some of this.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
samnhowes 2 Dec 2012 9:02AM GMT 
mmbutts1 2 Dec 2012 4:30PM GMT 
noyesk 2 Dec 2012 9:06PM GMT 
mmbutts1 3 Dec 2012 12:53AM GMT 
samnhowes 3 Dec 2012 3:34AM GMT 
carol santos 3 Dec 2012 5:23AM GMT 
samnhowes 4 Dec 2012 5:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic