Search for content in message boards

1910 Census Lookup Needed - Gilbert, Matilda -- MA

Replies: 12

Re: 1910 Census Lookup Needed - Gilbert, Matilda -- MA

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 9:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gilbert, Guilbert, Langevin
Hi All,

Thanks for your responses, The one i am looking for is Matilda Lavigne Gilbert, whose children were born in Pembroke, NH.

Her husband/father of her children was Joseph D. Gilbert, i've found him going by the names of Didace on most of the birth certificates for children, but also as Francis on a much later (older) census -- I think it was 1920, but not sure off the top of my head, and don't have family tree open to look.

I'm concentrating on MA because I'd located some living relatives (grand-children) who did not know very much of the older generations, but they said that they lived in MA all of their lives.

I did find a child of Didace and Matilda who died about age 10 months, who it says is buried in Allenstown, MA? Or the death was recorded there, not quite sure w/o reading all my notes in file i have.

One of the children of theirs, John Phileas Gilbert (since deceased) always told my mother that the family was from Laconia NH....and the father was from France. -- Have not been able to confirm any of this, so need to work backwards.

Iknow that when they say from France, it could be
"french canadian", and most of what i've found said that parents were both born in Canada...

What i know of Matilda, from obituary, is that she had two brothers named Leopold and Narcisse (spelling may be wrong).

I'm hoping someone will read my notes and have research on or are part of the same family tree and can help me with these brick walls. Obituaries are hard to go by since it is living relatives who provide the information, and it may not always be accurate. If i could find birth certificates, that is much more accurate.

Hope this posts right, since as i'm typing parts of words appear to be falling off the edge of the message! :(
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
abm14 20 Jan 2013 4:57AM GMT 
Robert Ankenb... 20 Jan 2013 7:24PM GMT 
qntara 2 Feb 2013 4:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions