Search for content in message boards

Ellen Harrington Perry of Quincy, MA Info Request (1831-1884)

Replies: 6

Ellen Harrington Perry of Quincy, MA Info Request (1831-1884)

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 7:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrington, Perry
I am trying to find more information on my 3rd generation great-grandmother. Her name was Ellen Harrington. On July 30 of 1848, she married Samuel N. Perry of Quincy, MA. He would go on to fight in the 39th infantry of the Civil War and die Mar. 31, 1864 in Andersonville. I have found Ellen's Findagrave page, her marriage docket, death register, and other mentions - but nowhere can I find anything that lists who her parents were. I found a lead recently, but it quickly brought me to a dead end. There were 2 brothers living in Quincy named Antipas and Harry, both born in Vermont, and both on the 1850 US Census as Stone Carvers. Samuel was a Carpenter. I am thinking that perhaps they met up as tradesmen and after Samuel's first marriage ended (He married Elizabeth R. Whitmarsh in November 1843 - and that is all the information I found on her. No date of death or divorce info to know how that ended.) he was set up perhaps with the daughter of either Antipas or Harry. Just a theory. Since individuals were not listed before the 1850 census and Samuel married Ellen in 1848, I could find nothing to confirm this. Is there anyone in the area that can do a little digging and see, either through library collections/newspapers if there is any information that can link Ellen with either of these men as her father? Or if there is someone else perhaps?
Thanks! I am a librarian in the Akron-Summit County Public Library system, so I would be happy to return the favor for anyone that has any relatives out in NE Ohio.
Brian Burch
Norton, OH
Thespicybeefalo@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Thespicybeefa... 27 Nov 2012 2:49AM GMT 
MAVitalRecord... 27 Nov 2012 4:00AM GMT 
MAVitalRecord... 27 Nov 2012 4:48AM GMT 
Thespicybeefa... 27 Nov 2012 1:48PM GMT 
MAVitalRecord... 27 Nov 2012 2:35PM GMT 
Thespicybeefa... 27 Nov 2012 6:55PM GMT 
Thespicybeefa... 28 Nov 2012 8:24PM GMT 
per page