Search for content in message boards

William H. HUBER, John S. HUBER, brothers, born MA

Replies: 3

William H. HUBER, John S. HUBER, brothers, born MA

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 6:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Huber, Lewis
Hello,

For 10 yrs. I've been trying to find descendants of my grandfather's .12. siblings. The 13 LEWIS children were born and raised in Stoneham, MA, in the 1880 to 1910 timeframe. The parents were born in Liverpool, England,~1860, and went to Nova Scotia, first, as teens. In 1879 they married there and migrated to MA in 1881.

I've been lucky enough to find descendants of the majority of the children, but haven't had luck with 2 daughters and 2 sons in the family. One of the daughters became Mrs. Henrietta "Etta" (LEWIS) HUBER, wife of William HUBER. This couple married while William was in the service, and then settled in Cambridge, MA. As far as I know, they had 3 children, William H. HUBER, b~1912, Henrietta "May" HUBER, b~1911, and John S. HUBER, b1914.

I found the family in the 1920 census, and then later found them in the 1930 census. Still in Cambridge, MA. And, one census had William's parents living with them.

I haven't had time to do much genealgy this year, but occasionally do a little searching for "brick walls." Yesterday, I looked at www.familysearch.org and I think I found the 2 sons in 1940. That site has Mrs. Henrietta HUBER, 52, living in Braintree, MA, and her son, William, and his wife, Irene, are living with her. They are ~40.

And, then, I found son, John and his wife, Wanda, ~25, living in Quincy, MA, (with baby boy). Both brothers in 1940. So, I'm writing to ask if anyone knows about these families, and knows of any descendants of theirs.

This summer I heard from a descendant of William's brother, Elmer HUBER, but she did not have information on William's family. ... I have not, yet, found anything on William and Etta's daughter, Henrietta "May" HUBER, b~1912.

Also, if Mrs. Huber was living with her husband in 1930 and living with her son in 1940, I'm guessing that her husband passed during the 1930's. But was it in Cambridge?

Thank you for your time.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 11 yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards)

(Just a reminder to find Lists and Boards about New England)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 5 Dec 2012 1:11PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 5 Dec 2012 1:15PM GMT 
mmbutts1 6 Dec 2012 12:29PM GMT 
jborden1363 6 Dec 2012 7:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic