Search for content in message boards

REAMY

Replies: 5
Posted: 21 Dec 2012 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Dec 2012 3:27PM GMT
I'm a long time friend of Millie Lidington , Grd Daughter of Light Keeper Milton Reamy .

Your Mom Judith , Millie and the other sister Francis were born at the Light Keepers Residence at Government Island , Cohasset , Mass. This was possible because Milton , after leaving Minot Ledge Lighthouse , following a 3 week rotation of duty , would retire to his farm in Manomet , Mass. ( So. Plymouth near White Horse Beach ) . This left his daughter to be able to live in his residence at the Keepers Home ( still standing as a Community Hall ) .

There are a number of papers pertaining to the life of Milton Reamy at the Driftway Museum in Scituate , Mass.

Millie Lidington at age 92-93 lives at an assisted living residence in North Pymouth , Mass. , she also has a copy of all of the primary papers of Milton Reamy .

You may contact the Scituate Historical Society at : 781-545-1083 to arrange a visit to their Museum to see and photograph the US Lighthouse Service Papers which came from Milton's Estate . There's also a crude photo of Milton and his wife in the exhibit case that contains the papers .

Google this name -- GUSTAV KOBBE , who was a prolific writer in the late 1800's and early 1900's . Kobbe wrote a story about a LIGHT KEEPER ( Milton Reamy ) whose name was not mentioned in the story -- I'm a Lighthouse historian and with the known facts about the time , the place and the date of the story , I was able to ascertain that the news story was about Milton .

Also check this website -- www.lighthouse.cc , under the following Lighthouses : Deer Island , Mass. / Graves Ledge Light , Mass. / Gurnet Light , Mass. / Duxbury Pier Light , Mass. / Eastern Point , Mass. / Minot Ledge Light , Mass. / The Reamy family served at all of those locations .

Douglas M. Bingham
bardoug@comcast.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
UNA42C 6 May 1998 12:00PM GMT 
robertniersba... 27 Oct 2004 1:38AM GMT 
robertniersba... 12 Jul 2007 9:59PM GMT 
robertniersba... 10 Aug 2007 10:19PM GMT 
paullangland1 13 Jul 2009 5:32AM GMT 
Douglas M. Bi... 21 Dec 2012 10:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic