Search for content in message boards

St. George Family in Millbury and Worcester

Replies: 2

St. George Family in Millbury and Worcester

Posted: 20 Jul 2005 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to make a connection between two families by the name of St. George living in Millbury in 1850. The first family is Oliver St. George (Gr-Gr-GF), his wife Catharine and their 2 children, Oliver and Frank (Gr-GF). A brother of Oliver's, Frank, also lived with them. Another family of St. Georges' also appears in Millbury on the 1850 census. The father is John St. George, his wife, Mary, and several children. Both families list Canada as their place of birth. I think John and Mary St. George were Oliver's parents but have been unable to prove it so far. Does anyone out there have any info on these folks?
John and Mary St George and family disappear from the area by the 1860 census and it seems for good as I have been unable to trace them or their children in the later census reports. Maybe they returned to Canada.
It appears that Oliver's wife and son, Oliver, died but I was unable to get death certificates for either one. Around 1855, Oliver is back in Canada where he marries Rosalie Tourville. They have at least 3 children there and then return to Worcester and appear on the 1870 census. They have more children in Worcester and on the 1900 census it lists 1860 as their immigration year. I am trying to find out where they were from in Canada, any info on his first wife Catharine and his son Oliver that died, and when Oliver and Rosalie died. Any help will really be appreciated. Lori Walters.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ljwalte 21 Jul 2005 3:35AM GMT 
Lucienne Gunning 12 Jun 2006 1:50AM GMT 
JoeBarrus 31 Dec 2012 7:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic