I'm looking for any information on this family that I can find.
Sarah LOWEN born in 1863 in England came from St. Joseph Island and married a James GRANDY, who was much older than herself. They had one daughter, Emma GRANDY 1884-1910 who married David GRAHAM and she is buried on the island.
After James passed away, Sarah Lowen Grandy married David John HARRISON, born abt. 1853 in Ontario, Canada. They had at least 6 children:
1) Ella "Ruth" Harrison b. 1892. I believe she married (1909) and divorced a Samuel WOOD. She then married a KNUDSON and was living in Boyd, Wisconsin in 1922. She may have also divorced from the Knudson, but they had a son together before 1922.
2) Sadie M. Harrison b. abt 1893
3) Ada Belle Harrison b. abt 1896. Married a man of Hispanic descent who was posted by the military in the Soo. Possible surname was MARTINEZ. She then may have moved on to Indiana, and some descendants today live in Texas, where her husband was from.
4) Ellen Harrison b. abt 1901
5) George Franklin Harrison b. 1903, died in quarry accident. He married a Grace ______ abt. 1929 and he is buried on the island.
6) Clifford Harrison, my great-grandfather, b. 1905. He married Dorothy SIMMONS and died in 1983 in St. Ignace.
I am having a hard time finding information on any of Clifford's siblings, and would like to connect with other members of this family.