Search for content in message boards

Parents of John and Michael Harner-proved in will:

Replies: 0

Parents of John and Michael Harner-proved in will:

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 7:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Note: In 2009 Penn Township is in Snyder County, Pennsylvania

The will of John Stoever of Penn Township, Union County, Pennsylvania 1823:

“In the name of God Amen, I John Stover of Penns Township, Union County in the state of Pennsylvania, Yeoman, being weak in body but sound and perfect mind, memory and understanding, blessed be God for the same, Do make this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following, Viz

Principally and first of all, I recommend my Soul into the hands of Almighty God, to be in mercy received and my body I give to the Earth, to be buried in a Christian like manner, and as, Touching any worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me after my Just debts and funeral expenses are paid, I give, devise & bequeath in manner and form following.

Impremies, I give devise, order and direct, that what I have heretofore given unto any herein named Children (except the bonds, notes, or charges in my books, against my said Children) to wit to Catharina the wife of John Zeigler, John Stoever, Christina the Wife of Michael Harner, Magdalena the Wife George Shafer, Frederich Stoever, Simon Stoever, and Maria the Wife of John Lautermilch, shall be considered as their share of any Estate of what I have given them and shall not be accountable there for to my herein named Executors (except the money which I have lent them on interest, and which stands charged against them in any books) And I further give, devise and bequeath unto my said Daughter, Maria the Wife of John Lautermich the further sum of fifty pounds lawful money, ever and above what I have given her or her husband heretofore, to be paid unto her or her heirs as soon as may be collected after my decease. I further order and direct that, that Alerrey, bonds or notes, charged against my said children, Viz my Daughter Catharina, the wife of John Zeigler, John Stoever, Magdalena the Wife of George Shafer, Frederich Stoever, Simon Stoever and Maria the Wife of John Lautermich, And further I order and direct my herein after named Executors, that they shall part the share of my Daughter Christina the Wife of Michael Harner out on interest on good security, which Share I giver to her Children to wit John Harner, Elisabeth intermarried to Daniel Seesholtz, Michael Harner, Jacob Harner, and in case she should have any more Children, they shall likewise share alike with the before mentioned Children of my said Daughter Christina, and the interest arising from the said share of my Daughter Christina her children shall annually be paid by any Executors to her the said Christina, punctually, during her material life and after her decease to her children, and then as they or any of them arrives of the age of twenty one years after her mothers decease Executors shall pay them their share, and in case any of them should happen to die before or after their mothers decease, the said deceased’s Share shall be equally divided amongst the survivors of my said Daughter Christina her children. I further order and direct that any House and Kitchen furniture also any horses and riding gig be sold on public Vendere or outcry as soon as possible after my decease and the money arising from such sale shall be equally divided by any Executors, to my before mentioned children, to wit, my Daughter Catharina, John, Christine, Magdalene, Frederich, Simen, and Maria share and share alike. And lastly I do hereby nominate and appoint my beloved Sons John Stoever, and Frederich Stoever, Executors of this my last Will and Testament And I make and disannull all other Wills, Legacies and bequests by me heretofore made, declaring this and no other, to be my last Will and Testament In Witness whereof I John Stoever have hereunto set my hand Seal the twenty fifth day of April in the Year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and twenty three.

The words “or any of them”
were interlined, and the
… erasures were made (signature) (Seal)
after and before the signing Johannes Stöver
of the will.

Signed, Sealed, published,
declared and pronounced as his
last Will and testament in the
presence of the subscribers and
in the presence of the Testator and
in the presence of each other and
at the request of the Testator have
signed our names as Witnesses

(signature)
Joseph Fechrer
(signature)
Charles Sheffer

Union County

Be it remembered that on the twenty ninth day of July In the year of Our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty three, Personally appeared before the Subscribed Register of the Probate of Wills & in and for the said County, Jospeh Fechrer Esq. And Charles Sheffer the two subscribing Witnesses to the foregoing Will and being duly Sworn according to Law, deposeth and saith that they were Personally present and saw and heard John Stoever the Testator, Sign, Seal, publish, pronounce and declare the foregoing Instument of Writing as and for his last will and Testament and that at the time of so doing he was of perfect and sound mind and memory and understanding to the best of their knowledge observation & belief that they Subscribed their names thereto as Witnesses in the presence and at the request of the Testator and in the presence of each other and that the names on Joseph Fechrer Esq. And Charles Sheffer is in their own hand writing

Sworn & Subscribed (signature)
the day & year aforesaid Joseph Fechrer
Fachenberg Reg. (signature)
Charles Sheffer

Union County – Be it remembered that on the twenty ninth day of July In the year of Our Lord One thousand eight hundred and twenty three was proved and approved the Last Will and Testament of John Stoever Dece’d of which the foregoing is a copy of Record, And Letters Testamentary Issued in … form of Law unto John Stoever and Frederick Stoever Executors in the Said Will named.
Fachenberg Reg.”

Find a board about a specific topic