Search for content in message boards

Ira Campbell and daughter Mary Elizabeth

Replies: 4

Re: Ira Campbell and daughter Mary Elizabeth

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 2:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2013 6:56AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
Thanks for your help. Although you didn't give me any new information, I was inspired to try a new approach. There were 5 Ira Campbells on the 1850 census who claimed NY as a birthplace and were the approximate age to have married in Ohio in 1853. One of them was Ira, son of Lemuel and Araminda. On the 1860 census, there were two Ira Campbells in Michigan - Ira in Cass County, and Ira in Oakfield,Kent County. The Ira in Kent County is probably the son of Lemuel and Araminda since they were also listed in Oakfield on the 1860 census. I think that rules him out as the father of Mary Elizabeth unless he managed to be counted in both Cass and Kent counties. Also, the Ira in Oakfield appears to have a wife and 3 year old daughter, which is pretty improbable given the timeline for Ira, father of Mary Elizabeth. He would have had to remarry almost immediately after Lucy Anne's death. I realize that widows and widowers often remarried quickly to provide care and support for young children, but it seems reasonable that Ira would have retained custody of his daughters if he had remarried that fast.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dgblanchard 30 Mar 2013 6:46PM GMT 
thomasker2 31 Mar 2013 3:58PM GMT 
dgblanchard 31 Mar 2013 8:47PM GMT 
trattles 28 Feb 2014 8:54PM GMT 
dgblanchard 8 Mar 2014 1:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic