Search for content in message boards

Clara (Planck) Smith of Niles , MI

Replies: 4

Re: Clara (Planck) Smith of Niles , MI

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 12:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Planck, Roof, Dunn, Lively
Dear Richard,

I read your post about Clara Planck Smith. My Mother, Laura Clara Roof Lively, was the daughter of Fred (Planck) Roof and Annie Laura Dunn of Louisiana. Fred was adopted by the Roof family as a child but was the biological brother of Hattie, Laura and Clara. He never mentioned the Roof family and visited with Hattie, Laura and Clara from time to time while married to my Grandmother but never took her or their four daughters with him. Around 1914, he deserted my Grandmother in Hammond, La. and eventually died in Lepanto, Arkansas sometime in the 1920's. Apparently, after his death the Plancks were contacted by the family with whom he lived in Lepanto. They, in turn, contacted my Grandmother expressing surprise that he was married. A cousin, Ezra Planck (son of Charles), eventually contacted my Mother and established a relationship. That was the extent of my Mother's knowledge of her father so there are just unanswered questions for me. If you know anything about Fred's history, why he was adopted, etc., I would appreciate hearing from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Richard G Planck Jr 21 Apr 2003 5:59PM GMT 
slnowlin 31 Aug 2012 6:11AM GMT 
richardplanck 24 Sep 2012 2:28AM GMT 
slnowlin 29 Oct 2012 4:36PM GMT 
thomasker2 30 Oct 2012 12:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions