Search for content in message boards

Help needed for brick wall **Possible breakthrough**

Replies: 6

Help needed for brick wall **Possible breakthrough**

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 3:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rousseau, Babineau, Martin
Hi,

My 2nd great grandfather, Charles Rousseau, has been a brick wall for me for about 15 years and I just received a lead but I need help with it. I'm beginning to think he fell from the sky and got sucked back up again later!!

Here is what I know about Charles Rousseau (Rousseaux, Russaw, Reso--these are spellings I've encountered):

Charles Rousseau born abt. 1832 in Canada(unknown date, actual year, bith place or parents names) was with Charlotte Martin (Daughter of Solomon).

Charlotte already had 2 kids with her 1st husband, Antoine Babinbeau(x)(don't know if he died, they divorced or what happened) when she was with Charles. They were Antoine Babineau(x), born abt. 1851 in Michigan and Macala Babineau(x) born abt. 1859 in Michigan. **I'm beginning to wonder tho if Macala may have been Charles' kid. **Only can find Macala in the 1860 census then he disappears.

Charles and Charlotte had several kids together (all had Rousseau as their last names:
Joseph M. born abt. 1867 in Michigan, Charlotte J. born abt. 1868 in Michigan (can only find her in the 1870 census then she disappears), Charles born abt. 1871 in Michigan (family says he moved to Duluth, MN-but I've been unable to verify this) and my great grandfather, John Jonas born May 17, 1875 in Beaver Island, Michigan.**Family story is John Jonas said he was raised on the Red Cliff Indian Reservation in Wisconsin. Raised by people other than his parents (but I have yet to find any information on this).

John Jonas moved to Minnesota and raised his family **this is the only line I have any information on. If needed I will provide it but lets get back to Charles and Charlotte.

I've been told Charles and Charlotte married in Ste-Anne, St. Ignace, Mackinac, Michigan on November 25, 1854 but I can't find the documentation for this yet.

I was given the following information which is what I'm hoping someone here can help me obtain to either prove this is my 2nd great grandfather or not.

Charles Rousseau, Drafted 1 year at Dallas, Clinton County, age 37, assigned to Company E. He died July 1898 and is buried at Bengal, Michigan with a home address of St. Ignace.

Can someone obtain any death or burial information for me? I would love to know what the death certificate says or find an obituary to see who Charles' family members are.
I have looked at the online cemetery transcriptions but did not find anything for a Charles Rousseau.

If he was enlisted in the military would he have to have been a US citizen? Would he had to have been naturalized?

Please I am becoming very desperate for any information on this family....I don't know what else to do.

I do have all of the cesus records for Charles in Michigan and John and family in Minnesota so what I need now is Charles' death information. I would also love to get any information on any of the kids (other than John) or Charlotte.

Thank you very much,
Delayne

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Delayne_Duhai... 5 Aug 2012 9:07PM GMT 
lorenaknoch1 7 Aug 2012 2:42PM GMT 
lorenaknoch1 7 Aug 2012 3:25PM GMT 
Delayne_Duhai... 7 Aug 2012 6:53PM GMT 
Delayne_Duhai... 7 Aug 2012 6:56PM GMT 
lorenaknoch1 7 Aug 2012 3:07PM GMT 
Delayne_Duhai... 7 Aug 2012 6:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions