Search for content in message boards

Fairbotham family of Grayling

Replies: 2

Re: Fairbotham family of Grayling

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2012 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Fairbotham, Botham
I have been trying to find the full US Fairbotham family tree for years. I even have Mark Fairbotham on my Facebook friends list but have never got round to a serious discussion - mainly because he has had other things on his
mind !

I am researching my wife's Fairbotham family from Nafferton in East Yorkshire, England. We know the Fairbothams initially lived in Ontario and then moved to Michigan in the 1850s. The original immigrant was James Fairbotham born around 1811 in England. I have found an English parish record of the baptism of a James Fairbotham in Weaverthorpe East Yorkshire in 1811 but nothing more - no passenger lists or anything like that.

Even then the link with my wife's family is pretty tenuous. There were two Bothams in that area of Yorkshire in the 1760s James and John whose children all changed their names to Fairbotham in the 1780s ! My wife's family descended from James and the Canadians were (possibly) descended from John !

I do not keep an up-to-date tree of John Botham's descendants but my tree of the US Fairbothams is very sketchy !
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Hardy 12 Jan 2009 10:29AM GMT 
Willfairbotha... 22 Aug 2012 4:15AM GMT 
David Hardy 22 Aug 2012 6:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions