Search for content in message boards

Johannesen, Johnson, Poulsen, Berg, Christiansen

Replies: 2

Johannesen, Johnson, Poulsen, Berg, Christiansen

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 9:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear list,
Why I need a researcher.

I belong to Ancestry. $300.+ a year. When I uploaded my tree the name Viggo Johnson, age 91, came up as having died in 1991 and buried in South Ford River cemetery, Ford River Mi. Then I was directed to another site where I had to pay $39.00 to join , thinking I would access his obituary (that is what the site implied) but it tells me nothing. My father had a brother named Viggo born 1900. I spent 6 hours last evening trying to get information from them. I want to hire someone to look it up for me. Him and his sister Mette are the only unaccounted for in this Johannsen(Johnson family. There are dozens of Poulsen's up there somewhere that are related tome but they are all hiding. I have been looking 20 years now. am 84 years old next month and won't give up.

Mette married Chrst Christensen , Ingalls or Sephensom and had children Aurther Peter b. 16 Nov. 1907 and Agnes Amallia b 31 Jan. 1909. I have found no information on this family except in 1910 Christ paid $10.00 to Danish Lutheren Cemetery but no record of any burial'

My father , Laurence Johnson (born Johannsen) and his brothers Bogi, Anton and Viggo were born in Ingalls MI. His parents Jens Johannsen and Amalie Poulsen, Immigrated from Ringkøbong CO. Demark in 1892, with them were children Ane Margrthe (a half sister) John, Metti, ,Marius and Aksel.
I have found John buried at Escanaba, Anton in Wyoming, Bogi, Marius and Aksel are buried with their parents in the Danish Lutheran Cemetery in Stephenson. My father is buried in Iowa.

Also Immigrating were Amalies mother, Maren Jensen (she is buried in Riverside cemetery) , My grandfather's brother Christ Berg Johannsen who changed his name to Christ Berg, Amalie's sister Jensine(Sine ) Poulsen and husband Peter Christian Poulsen, their children, Ane, age 9, Paul age7, Poul age 3 and twins Maren and Marie 11 months.

Amalie's brother Jens Bojesen Poulsen born Oct 10, 1866 and wife Uskyld Marie Katrine (Catherine) Nielsen immigrated with children Niels,and Paul. Anna, Hans>Sina born abt 1902.
I have a picture of a Bethany Lutheran Church (Menominee)school class , 1910 with Sine Paulsen as student. Looks about 8 years old.
With that family was Amalie's sister Marianne Poulsen.

Also Amalies brother Jens Tudskjaer Poulsen immigrated using the name Jens Tudskjaer.

I will look forward to any help, will pay direct by PayPal
Direct e-mail is Hzltarr@aol.com

Hazel Johannesen Tarr in Arizona
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hzltarr28 18 Aug 2012 3:31PM GMT 
barbdale_1 18 Aug 2012 7:16PM GMT 
MIAngie 25 Feb 2014 1:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic