Search for content in message boards

M. E. Church Cemetery, Loretto, Michigan

Replies: 2

Re: M. E. Church Cemetery, Loretto, Michigan

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 11:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Flaim/Paternoster
Lucy! Just the gal I am looking for! I am looking for any history on Loretto between 1920-1943, the Catholic Church was St Stephens's? aka St Stephanos? Did this church burn down? Do you know about when? My grandparents, John Fabiano Flaim and Anna Paternoster were married here in 1920, their children Inez (Chounard), Joe, and Joyce (the youngest and my mother) were all born Loretto, between 1921-1927, they always lived in Loretto, my grandfather owned his own house, according to the 1940 census. I think they all went on to Milwaukee about 1943. I am looking for a school in Loretto that the kids many have attended. Could Beaver's Pete Lodge in Loretto be that school? I have not been to this area since the late 1950s! Our family (Flain, Chounard, Edgar) always got together at the Zanoni cottages at Hamilton Lake. I am visiting this area in a few weeks! and I am very excited! I am trying to concentrate on Loretto, which mine could my grandfather worked at, not Vulcan! which schools might still be around and maybe I can find my grandfather's house. I will visit the Courthouse for land records, the census info does not give an address! Any help from anyone still in this area, or from this area is certainly appreciated. Many Thanks in advance! Sharon Edgar Bunek, dau. of Joyce Rose Flaim, born Aug 1927 in Loretto.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gongol 16 Jul 2008 9:50PM GMT 
lorettoschool 8 Jan 2010 8:21PM GMT 
sbunek 26 Jul 2012 5:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions