Search for content in message boards

Robins or Robbins family Delta, Eaton, MI

Replies: 2

Re: Robins or Robbins family Delta, Eaton, MI

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robins, Robbins
I am not related to this family--but I did grow up on Robins Road in Delta Township, Eaton County, Michigan, and I still own a house there, although it is not my residence. The road is spelled "Robins" with one "b". "Delta" is actually "Delta Township", that is how the unit of government is set up (it's not now, nor ever has been, an incorporated city, town or village). The mailing address for this area continues to be "Lansing", since that's where the post office is located.

The other post that is in this thread listed a person in the Robins household with the last name of "Maycraft". The second street to the west of and parallel to Robins Road (same subdivision) is named "Maycroft", which is close in spelling to "Maycraft".

The Robins farm, or part of it, is now the subdivision west of Lansing called "Bretton Woods". This subdivision was created in the 1940s, my parents were among the first to build here. The area was still mostly rural when I lived there; it's what I would call urban now.

Truthfully--I see why Farmer Robins sold this land. The soil is hard-packed clay. Rainwater pools up, doesn't drain. When you try to use a shovel, it's like hitting concrete. There is the possibility of water in the basements after heavy rains. I'll take my current sandy loam anyday over that stuff!

Good luck with your search, hope you enjoy this bit of trivia about the fate of the Robins farm.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
swindsor 6 Jun 2009 5:42PM GMT 
thomasker2 6 Aug 2009 4:23PM GMT 
SKMcGlew 26 Nov 2012 5:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions