Search for content in message boards

John Elmer DUVERNAY, Sr. (1886-1955)

Replies: 6

Re: John Elmer DUVERNAY, Sr. (1886-1955)

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duvernay, DeVernay, Trotochaud
Yes, I looked up your uncle Bob in 2004 & visited him and his wife twice in the Twin Cities. It's a pity he died so young. He seemed to be the healthiest of the whole family, and yet he was the first to go. I've got some recent photos of him & his family around here also.
My mother always told me we had Duvernay relatives in Michigan, but she had lost touch with them over the years. We failed to do the obvious thing and look up the name in the Petoskey phone book. We would have been visiting with your side of the family for many years before my mother passed on, if only we had done the obvious thing.
Now I regularly search the internet using Google for any of the family names I'm related to. I've met lots of interesting distant relatives that way. You are also descended from Jean Baptiste Trotochaud, father of Lucy Trotochaud Duvernay, John Elmer Sr's wife. There are about 50 different ways "Trotochaud" has been spelled, everyone of those in North America is related to you. There is even a Lake Trotterchaud in Minnesota named after the family. The government had to choose between using the name "Trotterchaud" for that lake instead of "Trotochaud" and they made the wrong choice.
See the web page on the Trotochaud branch I put on the internet here: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~trotochaud...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ADembinski 8 Jul 2004 4:14AM GMT 
jpfarmer76 22 Jan 2013 6:22AM GMT 
tresho 22 Jan 2013 7:10PM GMT 
jpfarmer76 23 Jan 2013 6:17AM GMT 
tresho 23 Jan 2013 10:07AM GMT 
jpfarmer76 23 Jan 2013 6:21AM GMT 
tresho 23 Jan 2013 10:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic