Search for content in message boards

Bellmer, Peter; Peter Balhumar

Replies: 11

Re: Bellmer, Peter; Peter Balhumar is Cordier dit Bellhumeur Goodnature

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Gatien, Mesny, Bellmer, Goodnature, Vaudry, Belhumeur
OK after many years searching and being wrong I have found the proof of this family line and the proof for Sarah"s line as well it is:
"Sarah" aka "Sally" is actually Marie Salome Gatien
Born and baptised :
Marie Salome Gatien
Birth 1 Apr 1827 in St-Philippe (Laprairie), Québec
Death 07 February, 1907 in Petoskey, Emmet Co. Michigan.
Her parents:
Jean-Baptiste Gatien Birth 31 Août 1783 in Quebec Canada
Death 25 Feb 1837 in St-Édouard (Napierville)
and Marie Rose Mini Mesny Birth 21 Feb 1785 in St Gene Francois Regis, St Philippe de la Prairie, Quebec, Canada.

Sally married Pierre Cordier dit Bellehumeur(Peter Bellmer)
his parents were:
Pierre Cordier dit Bellhumeur Goodnature
Birth 21 Jun 1793 in Ste-Therese, Quebec, Canada Death in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA ( I have yet to find the info. for his death I am assuming Wisconsin at this point), and Marie Marguerite Vaudry
Birth 7 Sep 1792 in Terrebonne(Lachenaie), 64008, Les-Moulins, Québec Death 19 Oct 1876 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. Peter and Sarah had their first child Joseph Bellmer Cordier Dit Belhumeur on Birth 08 March, 1849 in St-Édouard (Napierville), Québec (his Death 26 Dec 1928 in Petoskey, Michigan.)
They then moved to Clinton New York where the next son Peter was born. The baptismal record for her first son in the archives for St-Édouard (Napierville)in Quebec and her the marriage and birth records show her maiden name to be Gatien. I realize that there are quite a few "legal" records out there with different spellings for Sarah and Peter's French last names. But the information that is listed by the church records in Quebec are the only records that show relationships of all three generations on each document in more than one instance that are consistent, match and are logical based on time and origin. Please see:Joseph Cordier Dit Belhumeur Event: Baptême (Baptism)Baptism Year:1849 Baptism Location:St-Édouard, Québec (Quebec)Place of Worship or Institution: Napierville and then: M Salouice Gatien
[M Salomée Gatien][Marie Salomée Gatien] [Marie Salomee Gatien] Event:Baptême (Baptism) Baptism Year:1823-1830
Baptism Location:St-Philippe, Québec (Quebec)
Place of Worship or Institution: Laprairie and lastly:
Pierre Cordier Event: Baptême (Baptism)Baptism Year:1818
Baptism Location: Ste-Thérèse, Québec (Quebec)Place of worship or Institution:
Ste-Thérèse-d'Avila-de-Blainville .
It is annoying that the actual records do not match with the dates on the tombstones in the cemeteries. But I imagine that they were doing the best they could do in providing the dates at the time. Also there is a vast difference between the names on many documents here in the USA. However if you follow the information given in the French church records it all fits like a glove!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CiaoFrosty 21 Jan 2013 1:32AM GMT 
lrbellmore 15 Jun 2013 9:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions