Search for content in message boards

Fenton Seminary - Historical marker

Replies: 12

Re: Fenton Seminary - Historical marker

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi sorry to respond to such an old post, I can't help myself. the coincidence is to great.

I literally googled "Baptist Seminary Fenton MI" not thinking to do it on Ancestry(newbie)and it, of course, brought me here to your post.

I almost choked when I read the part of you playing there and the years you gave. Because the very reason I googled it in the first place was finding the pictures of it on my dad's camera that he must have taken in the last few years.

And that made me remember the stories my dad told me of playing in the yard(and breaking the ceramic eggs in the chicken coop-naughty kid) while waiting for his mom and grandfather to attend to their business there because at the time my g.grandfather owned?/ran? it. And I had heard he owned it at the time of his sudden death in December of 1948.
My father was born in 1945, and his memories would have been through 49 I imagine. So if you didn't have any ceramic eggs left to play with, I know who to blame LOL.
And just like you said, that old place always stayed in his heart, enough for him to take pictures all those years later. And we both would love to see it restored, it is really a magnificent structure, and oddly enough, I wasn't born or raised around it, but I now drive past it often around town, coming full circle in the family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sailorskid 13 Mar 2013 8:06AM GMT 
Angel Gifford 19 Nov 2013 1:49AM GMT 
sailorskid 24 Nov 2013 6:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions