Search for content in message boards

Connellys in Calumet

Replies: 4

Connellys in Calumet

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 7:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Feb 2013 7:40PM GMT
My mother's parents and grandparents were all in the Calumet area from about 1850 to 1920. Mom was actually born in Joliet,IL in 1921. Her parents were John Joseph and Mary Lynch Connelly. His parents were John J Connelly and Kate Malvey Connelly. Mary Lynch Connelly's parents were Jeremiah Lynch and Nancy Kirby. My problem is, I can't find any marriage certificates, any birth certificates, any church records, death records etc. I can find death records for some of my great uncles but not for the great grandparents. I can only find census' from 1900 on. I know the Connelly men worked at the C & H Mining Co.I've heard that there's an employment list but only has people born in Cornwall on it. I found a directory for 1916-17 and it lists the family as living in Bldg 9 Boundary Cent Loc. I taken it that it was employer owned accomodations. Also, I think Mary Lynch came from Eagle Harbor and her mother was a Kirby.
Can anyone help? I live in the Seattle area and making a trip to Calumet would be difficult at this time as I care for my 91 year old mother.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Colleen_Packa... 5 Feb 2013 2:36AM GMT 
martin1811 5 Feb 2013 2:53AM GMT 
Colleen_Packa... 5 Feb 2013 4:25PM GMT 
thomasker2 5 Feb 2013 1:35PM GMT 
Colleen_Packa... 5 Feb 2013 4:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions