Dr. William L. WELLS was one of the early physicians of Lansing, to which place he removed from Howell, Livingston Co., in 1847. He remained only for a short time and returned to Livingston County. We have not been able to learn any particulars of his former or subsequent life.
-Page 115, History of Ingham & Eaton Counties, Michigan by Samuel W. Durant. Published 1880 by D. W. Ensign & Co., Philadelphia.