Search for content in message boards

Intro to 5 Postings about my Jackson MI ancestors.

Replies: 1

Intro to 5 Postings about my Jackson MI ancestors.

Posted: 17 Jun 2012 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2012 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Madden, Doherty, Dougherty, McNamara, Dignan, Conroy, Egan, O’Donnell, McAfee, McIntee, Browne, Hanrahan.
I am looking for any ancestors or descendants of Ellen DOHERTY-MADDEN of Bourney Parish, County Tipperary Ireland; she had relatives in Jackson Michigan from at least 1860.

The Family names are primarily; Madden, Doherty or Dougherty, McNamara, Dignan, Conroy, Egan, O’Donnell, McAfee, McIntee, Browne and Hanrahan. Locations besides Jackson MI are Ireland from the North Riding of County of Tipperary, Bourney Parish and Moyne Parish; Chicago, IL and Georgia. The Dates range from 1814 to 1948.

I will be posting some of the information I have compiled and I tried to focus on Jackson MI connections. I have a lot more information espically on Doherty ‘s of Bourney Parish that I’ve not included because it does not fit the puzzle, yet! In 1996 I st arted work on my family history and have been fortunate to make3 research trips of one month each to Ireland.

The 5 Posts involving Jackson Michigan and my ancestors and possibles will be titled:

1st Post Madden & Doherty or Dougherty, Bourney Parish, Co Tipperary Ireland to Jackson MI 1814-1890.

2d Post John Dougherty & Elizabeth Doherty, McNamara, Jackson MI from Ireland 1860-1890

3d Post Madden, Dignan, Conroy, Jackson MI from Co. Tipperary & Georgia 1865-1900

4th Post Doherty, McIntee, Browne. Jackson and Chicago 1869-1930

5th Post Madden, Egan, O’Donnell, McAfee, Hanrahan. Co Tipperary, Jackson MI, Chicago 1865-1948

I hope this information will help someone and we make connections. If anyone has “Our Roots Began in Ireland” by the Irish Genealogical Society of Michigan published Nov 2001, please let me know if any of these folks appear in that book. (Then I’ll buy it!).

Feel free to contact me with any questions, suggestions or hopefully “Hey, I’m your Cousin”!

Kind regards,
Ed Madden
Ridgefield, WA
http://www.facebook.com/ed.madden.94
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisheen 18 Jun 2012 4:38AM GMT 
busybody84 9 Oct 2012 12:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions