Search for content in message boards

Lever or Leaver Brothers in Marilla, Manistee, Michigan

Replies: 4

Re: Lever or Leaver Brothers in Marilla, Manistee, Michigan

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 7:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, huskydog

Beg your pardon for taking the weekend to look up Jones and Robbins in my George R Leever Tree. I found that I had the following names listed : Joseph W Jones, Sr [I presume] and a Cora Belle Robbins, but could not immediately determine HOW THE JONES, LEAVER, AND ROBBINS FAMILIES WERE RELATED.

I happened to find a death certificate for a Mary Leaver who died 26 Nov 1910 in Everett, Newaygo, Michigan.

This document lists her father as Richard R Jones of Virginia 1790-1864 and mother as Love Elsworth (or Loveda) of Virginia 1800-1870. Both died in Van Buren County, Michigan. In re-examining the document, it is interesting that the person supplying this information was a Joseph W Jones of White Cloud, Michigan [who I assume to be the Sr?].

Also found not one but two marriage licenses for this same Mary Jones: the first to a William Stacey or Stacy, the
second to a Phillip Leaver. And, I also found an application for a pension by the same lady, for her son, George W
who died near Corinth, Mississippe in the War Between the States.

I do not know if Mary had any children by William Stacey. But, I do know she was mother to Phillip Leaver's children
when his first wife, Margaret Deboy died of tuberculosis.

The George and James Leaver mentioned in Marilla, Manistee, Michigan would have been the younger brothers of
Phillip Leaver. Our family line is descendant through Jacob Leaver, another brother of Phillip.

If you are interested, I will give you access to the George R Leever tree. Please review my data on the Jones branch of the family. Let me know of any corrections I need to make.

So happy to have had you reply to my posting about the Leaver Brothers.
Sincerely, barbara leever
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
barbleever 12 Apr 2010 10:40PM GMT 
huskydog 25 Feb 2012 7:15PM GMT 
barbleever 27 Feb 2012 2:43PM GMT 
Jennifer_Leav... 3 Mar 2013 2:56AM GMT 
Flyswthwnd 5 Sep 2013 11:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic