Search for content in message boards

MAKELA, MARTALLA

Replies: 12

Re: re- genealogy

Tova Goodvin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2002 1:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Salo
I have an uncle named Donnie Salo, and he lives in Ontario. I do not know if he was named for a relative or not. My grandpa Lauri Salo came to Ontario, Canada, from Michigan. I dont know anything about his family at all. He married Toini Maria (and i dont have her maiden name yet.) I do not know when he came to canada, if he had siblings, cousins or not. He was born January 17, 1908, and my grandma Toini was born August 12, 1905. They had 4 children, 1 died as a baby. Other children's names are Donnie(finnish name Tauno), Arvo(my dad), and Diana. All I know about my grandma was that she came to Canada with a couple of her aunts, at about age 18. Her parents died in Finland from some sort of plague. I have a picture of her as a child, with other children and a woman who I assume is her mother, and it seems that she had 1 sister and 2 brothers. Anyone who has any further information on the Salo clan, that may be linked to what I have said here, please please contact me. I can probably find out more when I talk to my dad. I have just started this project and my dad is out of town. I can post any more information I get. I have ICQ-14771874, MSN messenger- caryn08@hotmail.com.

Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elizabethmake... 31 Mar 2013 10:12PM GMT 
Wayne Wilhelm Salo 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Tova Goodvin 27 Mar 2002 8:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic