Search for content in message boards

Searching for living relatives of Mrs. Frances Krusniak and Mary and Valentine Szczepaniak of Bridgeport, Michigan

Replies: 1

Re: Searching for living relatives of Mrs. Frances Krusniak and Mary and Valentine Szczepaniak of Bridgeport, Michigan

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smokosha
Hello, I realize this is a very old post, but thought I'd try anyway. I'm afraid I don't have much information to help you, but I found your post very helpful. I'm researching John and Katherine (Nowak) Smokoska who lived on a Bridgeport, Mich. farm from around 189? to 1930 and had a family of 12. On land plats I can see the Valentine Szcepaniak family very nearby. I've also seen the elderly Mrs. Novak in the 1910 census with the Szcepaniak family in Bridgeport and wondered if this was Katherine's mother. Your post tells me it is and that my family's recollection that Katherine Novak was married to Andrew is also correct.
John and Katherine Smokoska were married in Manistee, Mich in the 1870's according to their obits, also some of the older children were born in Manistee according to their obits. I can't find a trace of this family from 1850-1900. In the 1900 census they are on the farm in Bridgeport. I see from some land maps that they were on that farm in 1897, and perhaps earlier if I can find somemore maps. Your post mentions that Andrew and Katherine Novak came from Poland with the Szczepanizk's in 1876. Have your found any documentation of this? Do you know anything about either of these families living in Manistee, Mich.? Do you have a tree posted on Ancestry ? Thank you very much.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PattySepanioA... 11 Aug 2005 10:33AM GMT 
kpc67231 15 Mar 2012 11:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic