Search for content in message boards

Swanson Unknowns

Replies: 2

Swanson Unknowns

Posted: 28 Mar 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Mar 2010 7:17AM GMT
Surnames: Swanson, Osterberg
My father states that his grandfather, Charles Swanson (dob 21 Apr 1856 Sweden to Carl John Swanson) with unknown first wife, had Johan Emil and Anna and lived in Ludington, Mason County, MI. Anna Swanson was raised by relatives in Ludington after Charles' first wife died. Johan married an unknown woman and fathered a son, Vernon, half-brother of my father and his siblings. After their first wives died, Charles and Johan, moved to Ashland/Odanah, WI area and worked in lumbering trade. Charles remarried and fathered Ernest and Raymond. Johan Emil Swanson married Anna Elizabeth Osterberg and had six more children, most probably in Ashland Co, WI. They included Eleanor, Isabelle, Edna, Lyman, Jack and my father. Would like to know more about where Charles' family came from in Sweden; Johan's sister, Anna; and of a cousin, Victor who also raised his family in Ludington. Victor's wife, I am told, became known locally as the Grand Old Lady of Ludington. I also need all birth, marriage, death information for all and names for unknown wives.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DSwanson2157 28 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Sari_Jolly 27 Mar 2010 1:26AM GMT 
carleneah 16 Jul 2012 1:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions