Search for content in message boards

NEED INFO on Lillian VanAlstine, daughter of Robert VanAlstine and Pearl Bushaw / (Big Rapids, Michigan)

Replies: 2

NEED INFO on Lillian VanAlstine, daughter of Robert VanAlstine and Pearl Bushaw / (Big Rapids, Michigan)

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 7:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2012 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: VanAlstine, VanAlstyne, Van Alstine, Van Alstyne, Bushaw
I'm looking for information on my great grandmother and/or her parents.

My great grandmother's name was Lillian Eleanor (or Elma/Alma) VanAlstine.

She was born in Michigan on May 6, circa 1910.

Sometime in the 1920s, she married Thomas Henry Ridout (b. 1883 in England), although they'd been living together and having children long before their marriage.

Thomas Henry was her first husband and they had 12 children together.

In 1933, Lillian and Thomas lived at 418 N. Gainsborough Ave. in Royal Oak, Michigan.

By 1946, they lived at 1684 Blaine Street in Detroit, Michigan.

Lillian died on May 21, 1979 in Zanesville, Ohio. She was married to Ernest Thacker at the time of her death (she had divorced her first husband sometime in the late '40s/early '50s).

Lillian's parents were Robert VanAlstine and Pearl Bushaw, according to the Social Security application she filled out in 1946. Both of her parents are listed as having been born in Michigan, as well.

According to my great aunt (the daughter of Lillian) . . . Lillian had many brothers and the family owned a lumber business in Michigan at one point in time. I was told that there had been a fire at the city hall, and the deed to the land had burned up . . . so the family moved to Big Rapids, Michigan and began a new business there.

If anyone has any information on Lillian or her parents, Robert and Pearl, please share!

Thank you so much! :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tenbinzan 10 Mar 2012 2:25PM GMT 
thomasker2 10 Mar 2012 9:20PM GMT 
Towna_A 11 Mar 2012 9:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions