Search for content in message boards

William Sherman and Ella McClain (ADOPTION)

Replies: 2

Re: William Sherman and Ella McClain (ADOPTION)

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 9:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't have anything to add to your query, but Ella Shavalier appears to be the daughter of my great aunt, Mary Shavalier, whose mother, Mary Mabie, various spellings, was my great grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Mabie, who married my great grandfather, Jacob Rice, originally from Wuerttemburg, Germany, immigrating in 1850, destination unknown, but appears in 1870 married to a girl from Wheatfield, Niagara Co., NY, with 4 or 5 children on the 1870 census of Vernon, Shiawasee Co., MI, after which she takes the two girls and smallest child, born in 1869, and leaves Jacob. Daughter, Mary Shavalier's death certificate verifies lineage as does her brother, Ed D..
Jacob Rice entered the Civil War in 1860's in Wheatfield, NY. Children all seem to be born along the east coast of Michigan with the last, Ed D. born in Corunna, and dying there. Jacob dies at his son, Otto's home, who happens to be by great grandfather. We loose Jacob in the 1880 census.
His occupation was a hoopmaker. In 1900, Jacob claims he is a widower. We don't know where Mary Elizabeth Mabie Rice went to all those years. Ella seems to be the grandaughter of Jacob and Mary.
I don't know if this gives you any pieces of your puzzle but good luck, maybe through this we will both find puzzle pieces.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
linda thompso... 27 Apr 2010 10:10PM GMT 
thomasker2 17 Mar 2011 7:27PM GMT 
sharlenekent 22 Nov 2012 4:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic