Frank D. Cutting from Troy, MI

Replies: 9

Re: Frank D. Cutting from Troy, MI

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 8:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Nov 2012 9:36AM GMT
Surnames: Cutting, Shaver, Gow
Hello,
My name is Glen and I live in Bingham Farms about 10 miles south of the former Cutting house in Troy. I suppose we should first be sure that we are talking about the same "Cutting family". The house I lived in was on Square lake Road just 100 yards East of Livernois. I'll assume this is the same Cutting family you are interested in and tell you a little about it. My father bought the house in 1945 just after the war ended. I was 9 at the time so I have the perspective of a child but my memories of the house and the neighborhood are very vivid. We lived there until 1951 when we moved to Royal Oak.
On the North-East corner of Sq. Lake and Livernois was Grey's general store and and a small attached building to the North side contained the Troy Post Office. My sister was the assistant postmaster and Sherwood Shaver was the postmaster.
When the house was purchased it was partically occupied by an elderly couple named Gow. They were retired missionaries and used (rented I assume) just several rooms of the house. Their son Alex Gow and his wife lived in a house on the North-West corner of Sq. lake and Livernois. The Cutting house contained a great many items which were personal to the Cutting family. I assume that the the house was closed up but many of the personal belonging left. This might assume that the family expected to once again live in the house but I don't really know the circumstances. The belongings came with the house so our famlly "interited" a great many items which at the time did't seem very imortant but today would be treasures. The house also contained the Troy Lending Library in a room at the back of the house. This facility had been inoperative for a long time but the book collection was still there.
Not being sure if this information is of interesrt to you, I will stop. I have pictures of the house and I suppose lots more information if you are interested.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Angela 20 Sep 2002 8:26PM GMT 
thomasker2 21 Sep 2002 11:09AM GMT 
thomasker2 21 Sep 2002 9:29PM GMT 
joanneweimer 13 Jul 2004 8:46PM GMT 
gcbrack 2 Nov 2012 2:59PM GMT 
joanneweimer 2 Nov 2012 6:31PM GMT 
gcbrack 3 Nov 2012 2:29PM GMT 
Karen Krugman 12 Oct 2002 4:01PM GMT 
joanneweimer 6 Aug 2003 10:25AM GMT 
LindaKrupp345 15 Aug 2004 6:18AM GMT 
per page