Search for content in message boards

WEAVER family in Waterford Township, 1930 (Lloyd Weaver, wife Lucy, sons Lloyd and Kenneth)

Replies: 3

WEAVER family in Waterford Township, 1930 (Lloyd Weaver, wife Lucy, sons Lloyd and Kenneth)

Gary Aikin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 8:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 7:12AM GMT
Surnames: WEAVER, Sweet, Jones
The 1930 census records show a Lloyd Weaver (age 22, born in NY), Lloyd's wife Lucy, and Lloyd and Lucy's children Lloyd and Kenneth living at 1064 Hillcrest Ave in Waterford Township (Oakland County), MI. Lucy and the children all were born in MI.

I would be most grateful for any information on this family, their descendants, and/or their ancestors.

Lloyd Weaver (Sr.) may have been the birth son of A. Laverne Sweet, the adopted son of James Weaver, and the birth son of Iva Wilber Sweet Weaver Jones. Iva was a first cousin to my father. Iva and her first husband A. Laverne Sweet had two sons: Donald L. Sweet and Lloyd R. Sweet. Iva's second husband was James Weaver. The 1920 census shows Iva's sons Donald and Lloyd living with Iva and James in Newfane (Niagara County), NY. The 1920 census lists Donald and Lloyd as "Donald Weaver" and "Lloyd Weaver"; perhaps James Weaver adopted Donald and Lloyd. Sometime after 1920 Iva married again, to Harry Jones. Iva and Harry lived in Buffalo (Erie County), NY. I've not been able to find Iva and Harry in the 1930 census records.

Thanks.

Gary Aikin
gaikin@bellsouth.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gary Aikin 27 Dec 2005 3:23PM GMT 
dweaver515521 12 Mar 2013 8:05AM GMT 
linaik 12 Mar 2013 11:45AM GMT 
treelookerkw 12 Mar 2013 1:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic