Search for content in message boards

obituary look up in Oxford

Replies: 2

obituary look up in Oxford

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2013 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper, Michaels, Orman, Quinn, Guinn, Laney, Graves
Hello - I think I figured something out but am needing to find either a death record of this person or his obituary. A female family member leaves out of Vigo County and is last located on the 1940 census in Oxford, Oakland Michigan, married.

A male family member is no longer found after he has a son with his wife in 1917.

HOWEVER, I think I found them both connected so this is my thought:
I have a John Cooper in one family, marries and has a son John Cooper, Jr. That's the last of him that I can find in Vigo.

Another family has Emma J. Michaels Orman who is found with a John Cooper on the 1930 census, her Orman son, Russell is with them along with a Jack Cooper; later to be named John on the 1940 census.

My belief is the one John Cooper who I lost, married Emma and re-located to Oxford, Oakland County, Michigan.

His brother had married in another part of my family, and according to his obituary, his surviving brother John is located in Oxford, Michigan...

What I'm looking for is confirmation that the John with Emma in 1930 and 1940 IS THE BROTHER, John, whom I lose after he and another wife had their son, John, Jr. in 1917.

So, can any one help. Are you allowed to check death records without any cost? A trip to the library is needed to see if there is an obituary on John, Sr. IF, an obituary can be found - names to confirm he is the Male member I'm looking for would be two sisters, Elsie Quinn/Guinn or Nellie Laney. That is if they were still living upon his passing. I'm positive that is my female member, it's the John, I'm needing confirmation.

This John is on the 1940 census, right age for mine who was born January 27, 1888 in Putnam County, Indiana. If looking at a death record, parents should be Edward/Edwin Cooper; mother is Lucy Graves. She could also be named Elizabeth.

Please, I hope someone can confirm that this is a match for me. I am going on my gut feeling on this one!

Thank you for your time! Dottie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kdxdot 28 Mar 2013 4:01AM GMT 
treelookerkw 28 Mar 2013 2:22PM GMT 
kdxdot 28 Mar 2013 11:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions