Search for content in message boards

Wolf, Strait

Replies: 31

Re: Wolf, Strait

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 2:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2012 7:11AM GMT
Surnames: Strait, Buckmaster, Proctor
I believe Lucinda was born in Crawford, PA.

As for the mormon connection, I posted that as a "theory" a few years back (2008) on the ancestry message boards -

"Like everyone else, I have only traced back to Richard Strait/Buckmaster and Lucinda Proctor. My theory has been that Richard was a Mormom (there was a General/Corporal Buckmaster with LDS around then) and married both women. The mormons were instructed to marry the Indians to purify the Indian (Native Amer.) race, so it would make sense. I, too, have heard all the Indian stories through the family, and can see it in the pictures of Edgar and all the relatives."

They are not listed in the LDS stuff, nor do their known movements show them living in any of the cities the mormons were known to be located. It's a theory, which may or may not be correct, unless someone has any solid evidence.

It is possible, if the Indian "legends" are true, that Richard took 2 wives, as some of the Indian tribes did. Others say that there were 2 men - Richard Strait and Richard Buckmaster - with 2 different birth dates.

Questions for all of you:
1) Has anyone tried to get a death certificate for Lucinda? I'm heading to Oceana County soon, and thought about checking into it, but if it's already been proved to be a dead end, I won't waste my time.

2) Have any of you had the ancestry DNA tests done? Results? Would love to have some of the Straits tested.

3) Do any of you have relatives still living that are direct line to Lucinda that are in their 80's or 90's or older? I would love to chronicle the memories of the older generations in the Strait family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pianogalsilve... 18 Jul 2011 4:17PM GMT 
fdbottorff 20 Jul 2011 1:32PM GMT 
pianogalsilve... 20 Jul 2011 2:19PM GMT 
fdbottorff 31 May 2012 2:52AM GMT 
pianogalsilve... 31 May 2012 10:55AM GMT 
fdbottorff 1 Jun 2012 3:13PM GMT 
pianogalsilve... 1 Jun 2012 5:09PM GMT 
fdbottorff 2 Jun 2012 1:10AM GMT 
melodique 16 Jul 2012 8:10PM GMT 
pianogalsilve... 16 Jul 2012 9:39PM GMT 
per page