Search for content in message boards

Prescott Family members from Prescott, MI

Replies: 7

Re: Prescott Family members from Prescott, MI

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 9:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Prescott, Greenlee, Turner
Hi Thomas: Thanks for the quick response and the info. Are you associated with Prescott, MI, or just a history buff? I just started researching my family history a few weeks ago. I did notice that the Censuses listed the Prescott's as white. Do you know whether the censuses listed Native American or American Indian as a choice for race? Also, do you know whether Indians might not want to disclose their race for fear of discrimination or something else?

My 2nd cousin, whom I mentioned in my previous post said that his family knew that my grandfather was married twice and had 4 or 5 children by his first wife, but he was unable to find that information and his family didn't know what became of the first wife and children. Do you know how I would go about obtaining that information?

On another note, I am also trying to find out the date of my grandmother's death. Her name was Iva E. Greenlee, and she was born in 1912 in Cadillac, MI. She lived in Lansing, MI when my Mother, Lillian Prescott, was born in 1937. My grandparents divorced sometime before 1941, when Iva married Oba Turner. I searched under both of her last names on Ancestry.com (I had signed up for the 14-day free trial, but that has now expired), but was unable to find her date of death. I am also interested to find out where she lived when she died, and whether she died in a car accident around the year 1944, as my mother had told me. I think that her story may not be accurate.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DebraATaylor 18 Oct 2012 4:23AM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Oct 2012 1:01PM GMT 
DebraATaylor 18 Oct 2012 3:31PM GMT 
thomasker2 18 Oct 2012 4:09PM GMT 
LIsaJeanKing 20 Jul 2013 8:19PM GMT 
DebraATaylor 20 Jul 2013 8:31PM GMT 
LIsaJeanKing 22 Jul 2013 6:50PM GMT 
meandeej 3 Mar 2013 5:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions